Wednesday, March 11, 2015

February part II

Hello again my sweets,
As promised, here is the re-cap of what I was up to the second half of February. (by the way, I think February is the worst spelled month ever! I mean really, Feb-r-ua-ry? Every one pronounces it Feb-u-ary. Sorry, I have spelling issues, and February and Wednesday [pronounced: Wen-s-day] get me every time.) Anyway, back to the re-cap. 
First, on the Master/Credential front, I have officially been wait listed. I received an e-mail a couple weeks ago stating that they had sent out their first round of acceptance letters. When I called to see where I might be on said wait list, I was essentially (although, very kindly) told that it was probably not going to happen this time. After the initial sting of rejection, I took stalk of what this meant. Those of you who have been following along know that my plan B is to apply for my substitute teaching licence and sub for the next year couple of years. I will wait until 2017 before reapplying, by then I should have some quality classroom time under my belt.

Second: the lady and I had a mommy-daughter weekend while the men went to visit family. The lady had a Saturday birthday party that could not be missed. Unfortunately, once the birthday party was over, our 1987 pick-up decided it had no interest in starting (later found out that the new battery had not been secured properly and it now starts fine). We had to take Uber home. That Sunday it decided to rain (pour), and without a car we were stuck in the house. We used the opportunity to dye some wool! 

 

 

  I feel that the pictures
speak for themselves. We dyed 3 skeins of 2oz hand spun and 4 oz of roving.

Of course, as soon as the roving dried I had to spin it up:
They turned out so pretty! It was at this point I realized that my current spools and flyer were to small to ply more that 3oz total. Fortunately Stitches West was the 19-22 of February, and my friend and I had already made arrangements with our loves to go!

I will say this about Stitches: It Is FABULOUS! So much yarn and knitting and spinning and everything in between in one place. If you ever get a chance to go to a Stitches event, go. But make sure you have a list of necessities and a good size budget. My list consisted of a larger flyer, 2 large spools, wool, interchangeable circular needles, and yarn for the lady to learn how to knit with.
This is what I came home with:
*sigh* I love this picture ;D.

And now that I have the bigger flyer and spools, I have plied:
  Although, not evenly. That small skein on top of the spool in the second picture is the left over single. Despite the extra, I still love the end result, about 3.75 oz of sock weight.

Well, that covers February (with the exception of the class project, but that might be a post all on it's own)

Thanks for checking in,
XO Lue Lue Ellabee

No comments:

Post a Comment