Saturday, March 7, 2015

February part I

Hello my treasures!

Well another month has past between my posts. I have thought about posting several times, unfortunately I kept getting distracted by small children and projects. Between new babies, Valentines Day, Stitches West, and a class art project for my daughter's school auction; I feel like I have been all crafting all the time. Because there are so many things to show you, and  I have spent the last 3 days trying to write this post, I have decided to do February in (hopefully) 2 parts. Things I did/ worked on up to Valentines day:
 You might remember this sweater from my last post:   
It is the sweater I was making for my friend that just had her second baby (Baby E). I finished it, and I love it so!
.   The hot pink hearts are my favorite bit. I think they make the sweater. Of course, baby E has a big sister. And I could not ship something to Mama and baby without making sure big sister had something fun to open too. So, I went through my fabric stash and found enough snoopy valentine fabric for my favorite skirt pattern, the one I made my lady's plaid skirt from back in October:
I am not positive on sister's exact size, so I used some of that elastic with the buttonholes and made it adjustable. 
I made one for my lady too: 
Also from my stash ;D.
Babies and children are not the only ones I have been making for. My oldest sister, MC, has a February birthday. And I had promised her some fingerless mitts to go with the shawl I knit for her two Christmases ago. 
This is the Shawl:
The pattern is Silvia Bo Bilvia's All About Love Shawl. Using the half skein of Cascade pure alpaca that I had left over from the shawl, and Fiona Ellis's #40 Lace mitts pattern. I managed to make her these:
 
I think they turned out fabulous! Especially since I had to do some re-adjusting and this was my first time with thumb gussets. The yarn I used is a worsted weight and the pattern calls for a sport weight. I ended up knitting one mitt twice, because I realized that (despite already casting on 8 less than called for) it was going to be way to big once it was blocked. In the end I cast on 32 stitches and the count on the thumb gussets is 12 stitches instead of 15. 
That is about it for the first half of February. I will try to get to the second half soon (and I will show you what I got at Stitches West!).

Thanks for checking in!
XO Lue Lue Ellabee 







No comments:

Post a Comment