Sunday, October 12, 2014

so close, yet so far

Happy Sunday my lovely people,
    For those of you wondering, I think my exam went well. At least I think I passed, which is all that really matters with these exams. So that is the last part of the first exam, and I am hoping, the end of that bit of worry. Now I am in full study mode for the first part of the second exam. I have two weeks of serious study ahead of me. Here is hoping everything sticks (my recall abilities are not awesome).
     Lets move on to things that make me feel clever, rather than below-average. Friday, the lady was off from school (it was a teacher development day), little man had morning pre-school, and love chose not to make it a three day weekend. So, lady and I had some quality time in which we did this:
 
She has been begging me to teach her how to sew, and the four hours of just us seemed like the perfect time. She helped with cutting the pattern out and pinning the pieces together. She practiced using the sewing machine on some scrap fabric. Unfortunately, by the time we got to the part she was supposed to sew, she was only interested in playing. For some reason she thought I was going to let her just use the sewing machine without learning all the other steps to a project.  Fortunately, for her, I don't mind. I have been wanting to make her a skirt with this fabric since I bought it last year, and there is enough left over to make a matching one for me. I find this very exciting, although it could be weird....nope, it will be awesome.

      I suppose I should mention that Halloween is my favorite holiday. I love the costumes, candy, trick-or-treating with friends, and kids'  scary movies (I don't like adult horror films, they give me nightmares). I especially love the decorations. I have a dream of one day turning my house into a haunted house, I have it all figured out, the kids just need to be a little older. This time, when mister got home from pre-school, the three of us just decorated the front of the house:

 
Spider webs are my favorite Halloween decorating tool. As you can see we had good times.
       Finally, progress on the last bits of the shawl and quilt are on going. I only have about half an inch of ribbed edging to knit before I can bind off. Then it is weaving in the ends and blocking (neither of which takes very long). Once I have sent it off to my sister I will show you the finished object and share the pattern I used.
      This is where the quilt is:

As you can see, the top is almost done. I am quite pleased with how it is turning out. I had only a vague idea of how it would look once it was finished, and this is already better than I imagined. I am thinking the binding needs to be dark purple, to contrast all the yellow. Red, black, or dark green may also work, but I feel the purple would do the best job of bringing it all together. 
       I  hope all your projects are cooperating.
Thanks for checking in,
XO
Lue Lue Ellabee

No comments:

Post a Comment