Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Good news everybody!

Hello all my wonderful people,
Wow, keeping up with this blog is hard. Fortunately, I have some exciting things to tell you so you may forgive my silence.
First, I received the results of the essay exam from a couple weeks ago. I passed! You may have some idea of how excited I am that I will never need to take that test again. The most important aspect of my passing is that I have officially passed the whole of the CBEST, and am now able to apply for a substitute teaching licence. So, even if I am not excepted to a credential program, I can sub next year which will make my next round of applications 100xs better.
My next bit of news is this:

Yep, I finished the shawl for my sister and sent it off to her last week. I could not find the tag for the yarn but the pattern is Bigger on the inside. It was super fun to knit and I learned a lot; like how to follow charts that show both right side and wrong side and how to make bobbles.
Since finishing the shawl I have been working on a sweater for the lady and it is going sooooo fast:
Those little hanging down bits are destined to be pockets. I would share the pattern but, I have plans to significantly change it. If it turns out the way I am imagining it, you will be wanting that pattern too.

Finally, I have blocked that shawl I knit way back in Spain. I have named it Torla and I am working on writing up the pattern now. I am hoping to have it ready for you tomorrow.

Well, I must get back to studding. I have another exam starting next week (I am taking this one in 3 parts because it is a monster). Wish me luck and I will try to keep you posted.

Thanks for checking in,
XO
Lue Lue Ellabee

No comments:

Post a Comment